Summary:Under the direction of the Purchasing Manager, the Supply Planning Analyst role will focus on utilizing tools to identify issues and analyze possible solutions to ensure the successful execution of the supply plan. This position will work closely with the department to understand the goals of the supply plan and will work with distribution, third-party warehousing, customer service, the manufacturing facilities and others to provide direction on how best to accomplish the required tasks to service our customers and support the plan.
Essential Functions:1. Inventory Reconciliation – Manage reconciliation of inventory daily between the Applegate and third party systems. Ensure accuracy and document adjustments, while developing action plans to correct any discrepancies. Reconcile code dates recorded in Microsoft Dynamics AX by item and batch number. Inform the department of issues and work with distribution management and the third party to resolve. Primary contact for any EDI related issues for product receipts and other automated inventory adjustment jobs. Coordinate corrective actions with the Distribution Center and IT as needed.
2. Leads root cause analysis and resolution within supply chain such as delivery issues to the customer, inventory accuracy and inventory management.
3. Inventory and Service Analytic Reporting – Develop, maintain and evaluate databases and queries/reports to support inventory control analysis and reporting, including weekly OOS / fill rates and overstocks. Define and analyze inventory metrics & trends including inventory holding report. Develop and maintain reports to support the Vendor scorecard for each co-packer including tracking co-packer production schedules. Report weekly to the Fulfillment Team and other departments as necessary.
4. Lead cross functional teams to reduce overall item spoilage to meet or exceed company objectives.
5. Inventory Deployment – Manage product requirements for assigned consignment distribution centers, ensuring on-hand inventory meets targeted levels to fulfill customer demand, minimize overstocks, and prevent out of stocks. Periodically analyze target settings based upon business trends.
6. Item System Setup – Set up and maintain system settings for new and existing items and make necessary modifications to achieve desired business results.
7. RMA Process – Collaborate with Finance and Customer Operations on customer returns. Maintain RMA tool that provides analysis on if product should be returned. Ensure lots, quantities, and SKU are accurately recorded in Microsoft Dynamics AX, by processing item arrival, packing slip, and lot transfer adjustments.
8. Inventory Disposition – Coordinate with the Distribution center the removal of spoils. Ensure accuracy of movement and report discrepancies to department.
9. Purchase Order Exceptions – Manage the PO exception clean-up and reconciliation for the department.
10. Product Returns – Collaborate with Quality Control and Fulfillment team on returns to co-packer. Notify Co-packer, arrange return with Distribution center, create return order, and receipt of re-delivery from co-packer. Ensure inventory accuracy throughout the process.
11. Perform other inventory tasks as needed.
12. Help support the audit receipts process, by verifying pricing accuracy, lock in invoice, match details, and quantity verification.
13. Serve as a back-up to the department team members as needed, including primary back for GTIN and UPC creation.
14. Create reports as needed to support the Fulfilment team.
15. As needed: Manage and control finished goods inventories for assigned items and copackers. Partner with Raw Supply and Sales to fulfill customer needs.
Position Requirements:• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, other Business or Engineering degrees also considered, preferably with some level of course work related to Supply Chain Management or Logistics. APICS CPIM certification preferred
• 1-3 years working in a Supply Chain environment within a CPG environment highly preferred
• Experience using an inventory management system within an ERP. Microsoft Dynamics AX experience preferred.
• Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong teamwork skills, including the ability to train others
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Working Conditions:• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk or hear. The employee will be required to use a computer system and see computer screens.
• Ability to work in an open office, fast-paced environment with frequent distractions and interruptions.
• Less than 10%. (Less than 1 day a month, to and from distribution center or co-manufacturing partners)