Thank you for your interest in joining the Bob’s Red Mill team! We are partnering with Noto Group Executive Search for the Senior Vice President of Marketing position.
If you wish to apply, please click the following link that will take you to Noto Group’s website: https://www.notogroup.com/jobs/
WE ARE ONLY CONSIDERING CANDIDATES ROUTED THROUGH NOTO GROUP AT THIS TIME.
Job Title: Senior Vice President of Marketing
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Onsite Preferred
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Company Overview: At Bob’s Red Mill, we inspire joy with wholesome foods. Since 1978, we have been leading the natural foods industry by providing our customers good food that makes them feel great. Wholesome means ensuring our food is of the highest quality, empowering and supporting our diverse group of employee owners, respecting our planet, and bettering our communities. We believe that joy is for everyone.
Position Overview: The Senior Vice President of Marketing helps us actualize our company purpose by connecting more people with wholesome foods that bring them joy, health, and wellbeing. This marketing leader will collaborate with the executive team to develop and execute our company’s mission and operationalize business strategy within the marketing, new product development, and customer engagement departments. The focus is on improving brand recognition worldwide, creating great product and pricing strategy, and delivering customer satisfaction.
Collaboration on our executive team means building strong relationships, helping one another to think differently about problems, and identifying the best solutions that grow our business. Our VP of Marketing embodies what it means to inspire joy by fostering an inclusive, empowering, and respectful team dynamic.
Essential Job Functions:
- Advises the CEO, Board of Directors, and other executive team embers on strategic plans with a focus on driving marketing performance in line with corporate culture and values.
- Partners with other members of the executive team and departments to execute the current corporate strategic plan and develop future plans.
- Leverages customer insights, sales data, KPIs, and market surveys to generate new revenue lines and explore new market opportunities.
- Develops marketing strategies designed to increase market share. Takes responsibility for annual marketing plan, strategy and team.
- Analyzes growth strategies, bookings plans and program pursuits, market dynamics and competitive landscape both globally and by region/product family.
- Develops integrated campaigns including web, print, promotions, trade shows, advertising, PR, and non-traditional communications techniques.
- Determines areas for new growth or segmentation based on analysis of business development inputs and strategic interaction at the staff level.
- Manages budget including negotiation with vendors, placement of orders, approval of invoices, staying on or under budget, recommending growth opportunities, and planning for future needs.
- Implements integrated communications campaigns and programs that drive growth, brand awareness and brand value.
- Interfaces with internal teams and internal/external communications resources to provide integrated marketing campaigns.
- Coordinates with leadership to maintain awareness of product roadmaps and to develop key themes and messages for incorporation into promotional plans.
- Manages events around the nation for PR and communications needs.
- Analyzes media demographics, manage media placements and promotions, negotiate rates, and monitor effectiveness via survey tools.
- Evaluates and analyzes the results of each campaign and program and make recommendations for future enhancements.
- Creates a repeatable, comparable tracking system that measures the success of each recommended campaign and program and analyze the findings and make recommendations.
- Builds, manages, and coaches a high-performing marketing team.
- Directs and supports market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data for short- and long-term market forecasts and reports.
- Works closely with the sales department to align sales and marketing strategies.
- Manages marketing budget and expenditures.
- Maintains brand standards and ensures compliance across all marketing and communications channels.
- Identifies competitors and evaluates their strategies and positioning and devise counterstrategies.
- Builds long-term relationships with employees, clients, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and operates all equipment in a safe and food-safe manner.
- Complies with Bob’s Red Mill food safety policies and procedures including adherence to FDA regulations and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Other tasks and duties as may be assigned.
- This position has primary oversight of the Marketing, Customer Service, and R&D leadership team.
Who we are Seeking: The ideal candidate will enjoy managing high-performing teams and developing people who question the status quo, take calculated risks, and exceed their own expectations. Our VP of Marekting should inspire joy by appreciating diverse teams, perspectives, and motivations. They share their opinions but listen to others, so the best idea is put into action. They demonstrate that wholesomeness means acting with integrity and observing regulatory and personal compliance. Above all, they believe that doing what is right matters.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Knowledge of Microsoft 365, Google Sheets, Docs, Slides, Tableau and ESHA Genesis.
- Ability to work effectively on a cross-functional team with direct communication, strong emotional intelligence and respect.
- Strong project management skills, including adeptness with organizing numerous projects simultaneously and track record of consistently meeting critical deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to change and frequent realignment of priorities.
- Creative, calm, can-do approach to problem solving when challenges arise.
- Strong desire to serve the company, team, clients and customers.
- Strong ability to analyze data to drive decision-making.
- Ability to lead, inspire, and manage teams.
- Demonstrates Respect, Teamwork, Accountability, and Determination
- Ability to work in an environment where exposure to potential food allergens is or may be present.
- 8+ years of experience in a marketing role.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field or work experience required.
- Extensive management experience required.
- This position requires ability to sit for up to approximately 2 hours at a time.
- The primary environment for this position is an office setting.
- Employees may be exposed to common food allergens
What you should know: Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
About Bob's Red Mill
Since 1978, Bob’s Red Mill has been leading the natural foods industry by providing our customers good food that makes them feel great. At Bob’s, everything we do is about greatness. Greatness means ensuring our food is of the highest quality, empowering and supporting our diverse group of employee owners, respecting our planet, and bettering our communities. We believe that greatness has room for everyone.