What we need.
Reporting to the Director of Brand Marketing, you’ll play a key role building out Daring’s innovation agenda – working on everything from strategy to launch and collaborating closely with our cross-functional teams. You’ll become a data guru – going deep in IRI, SPINS, Numerator, Mintel, and Ask Suzy to support the strategy and sell-in of our innovation and help put together important presentation material to support our sales team. You’ll lead the planning of critical trade shows, support shopper marketing activities, assist with brand building, and lead key strategic projects. In this role and on this team, you’ll encounter a variety of opportunities to develop your marketing acumen and show Daring leadership your potential to further your career within the organization.
This role will be based in Los Angeles. Daring has a hybrid work model – requiring three days in our Culver City office.
What you’ll do.
- Support the development and execution of innovative new product lines
- Support ongoing sales activity through shopper marketing initiatives, reporting, compliance, and administration.
- Develop creative briefs with our internal creative and design team
- Utilize consumption data, sales performance, and financial analysis to understand key business metrics including opportunities and risks and be able to communicate findings.
- Develop and execute influencer marketing strategies and campaigns
- Conduct, support, and lead special projects and analysis as required
- Work with the sales team and internal partners to coordinate trade show preparation and logistics across the U.S.
- Leverage syndicated data such as IRI, SPINS, Numerator, Mintel, and others to build a business case for innovation, line extensions, and new assortment opportunities with support and guidance from the Director of Brand Marketing
Who you are.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, MBA preferred
- Two or more years in marketing or brand management at a CPG company or start up; or in management consulting
- A strong quantitative background with ability to synthesize and analyze complete information into understandable narratives that drive decision making.
- An entrepreneurial and action-oriented approach to work
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working with cross channel and consumer data (IRI, Nielsen, Spins, Numerator, etc.)
- Clear understanding of markets, sales & distribution, competitor activity, consumer & shopper behavior in the CPG context.
- Experience coordinating Trade and Distributor Shows
- A passion for food
Base Salary: $85,000 – $105,000
This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for this CA - based position. The actual base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience, knowledge and skills, and if the location of the job changes.
Who we are.
Not safe. We are as daring in nature as we are in name. We challenge conventions, question the status quo, and never stop believing in what we can achieve.
We speak truth.
Not fiction. We believe there is no greater source of empowerment than the truth. We are open, honest and transparent in everything we do—to each other and to our customers.
We do good.
Not harm. We started this because we care about the health of people and our planet. And even as we reach new heights, we’ll always stay true to our roots and fight for good.
We get better.
Not good enough. We are constantly pursuing innovation and actively seeking to improve each and every element of our business, from minor tweaks to the major milestones.
We aim higher.
Not for the easy target. We’ll never hit the same mark twice. Because we are unapologetically ambitious. We believe our courage, commitment, and charisma can change the world.
If you do not fully match all criteria, we still encourage you to apply. Daring is building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We can’t wait to talk Daring with you.
Hi. We’re Daring. A premium Plant Chicken company founded by Ross Mackay in 2018 with an unapologetically ambitious goal: to rethink and replace animal chicken from the food system. We were started by chicken lovers, for chicken lovers–and we’re working hard to put Plant Chicken on everyone’s plates. In addition to shipping direct to consumers, we’re now in 1000+ stores across the USA and launching in many more this year. We’re scaling up fast and looking to grow our talented team of daring individuals. That’s where you come in. If changing how the world eats sounds like something you can get behind, we want you to join us.