The Territory Sales Manager NY, will be hyper focused on selling at the store level, building relationships with store staff, brokers, distributors, across the grocery, natural, foodservice and convenience channels. Working closely with and reporting directly to the VP Sales, the Territory Sales Manager will provide targeted executional focus and manage Foodstirs resources throughout the highly competitive and unique NY Metro Area. Position requires the ideal candidate to be scrappy, savvy, goal driven, with the ability to hit the ground running.
You’ll be responsible for developing and building key relationships and opportunities to drive distribution and sales growth. With oversight of all DSD/Distributor sales activities in the NY/NJ Metro area, we’ll expect you to achieve maximum market penetration across retail channels. This will entail working at both strategic and tactical levels to develop, implement, and manage programs that maximize both short and long-range objectives for the Territory’s sales growth; managing day to day relationships with brokers, distributors, and retail partners by scheduling ride-alongs, market tours, and store calls; serving as subject matter expert on unique market dynamics and opportunities; and working in close collaboration with the Regional Sales Manager and VP to develop and execute best in class distribution, incentive, and promotional plans.
It is critical that the Territory Manager be proactive, always seeking new opportunities and maximizing sales while addressing day-to-day operating issues and providing strategic input. He/she will be primarily involved in personal account selling – this could look like a headquarter call at a regional distributor, a ride along in a DSD truck, meetings with co-op owner groups, or a self-motivated market tour identifying key distribution opportunity gaps. Key areas of focus will encompass leadership and subject matter expertise across a variety of fronts – key Territory account management and business development, in-store execution of marketing and trade programs & the ability to drive significant distribution gains. All business activities must be done in a way that underscores the social mission of Foodstirs.
- Strengthen and develop key account, distributor, and broker contacts throughout the NY Metro Territory to ensure Foodstirs is top of mind and on the leading edge in this highly competitive market
- Develop and implement local market winning strategies, including incentive programs, across Natural, Grocery, and Specialty Channels throughout the NY Metro Territory based on overall company sales goals and objectives
- Conduct store audits and “ride alongs” (with broker management and/or distributor reps) to maximize sell-in opportunities and ensure timely execution of new item introductions, schematic implementation, promotional programming, and that they have all necessary resources required to succeed in the market place (e.g., product samples, sell sheets, promo calendars, point of sale, etc.)
- Communicate successes, competition trends, deals, product introductions, potential accounts, resets and demo opportunities via weekly sales recaps
- Weekly sales and merchandising calls on all priority accounts throughout the great NY Metro area 4 days/week to provide the full and consistent coverage needed to over-deliver against sales objectives in this unique market
- Champion Foodstirs as a brand expert and ambassador with the ability to clearly and concisely communicate who and what we are with enthusiasm!
- Identify new opportunities at priority accounts, negotiate new item and promotional programs in a fast-paced environment to achieve “win-win” outcomes that fall within Foodstirs standards and guardrails
- Work alongside the Region Sales Manager to develop and execute a winning plan for co-op retailers by providing individualized attention and solutions for individual owner groups informed at the HQ level
- Identifying opportunities to build strong connections with key individuals and form meaningful and impactful relationships that benefit the Foodstirs brand (from consumer to buyers and everyone in between).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in food & beverage across Natural & Grocery Channels. Experience sell snacks, bakery, grab & go highly preferred.
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in the New York Metro Territory with established relationships and demonstrated success working with a large number of diverse retailers, including direct key account or channel responsibility, along with the leading brokers and distributors (UNFI, DPI, etc), servicing these channels.
- Deep understanding and experience managing the DSD distributer network unique to the NY metro area
- Strong planning & organizational skills along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including full competence with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook).
- Has demonstrated success delivering aggressive sales goals, originating strategic initiatives and building efficient “best-of-class” executions in a resource-limited environment.
- Substantial experience in the expansion of distribution for core items as well as for new category disrupters, & addressing the complexities of distributor serviced retail distribution, while maximizing results at the lowest possible overall cost.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively. A roll-up the sleeves, can-do attitude. Must be able to excel in an autonomous, hands-on, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly adaptable & resourceful. Pioneering spirit. Passion for an active health & wellness lifestyle.
- Proficient in Data Tools (SPINS, Nielsen, Retailer Portal), Excel & Trade Analytics (selling price, margins, etc).
Ability to travel extensively throughout the New York/New Jersey territory.
Please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add “Territory Sales Manager (NYC/NJ) via Jobganic” in your subject line.
Based in Santa Monica, CA, Foodstirs was co-founded by entrepreneurs Galit Laibow, Greg Fleishman and actress & author Sarah Michelle Gellar behind the sole purpose of helping people connect through the power of Elevated Comfort Food. Foodstirs is starting with the baking category and our organic/non-GMO products that are superior on every level. Everything we make is based on four core principles: ultra-sustainability, ease of preparation, accessibly priced and delicious from-scratch taste. And, we are committed to direct-sourcing regenerative ingredients that utilize planet-healing agricultural methods like Biodynamic® and identity-preserved. Foodstirs is going beyond classic baking formats with the launches of the first ever organic Minute Mug Cakes and Bake Your Own Chewy Oat Bars and Protein Bars (a Top 5 New Item at 2018 Natural Products Expo West). Our products are sold nationwide online and in over 15,000 retail stores that include Starbucks, Whole Foods Market, Sprouts, Target, Kroger, Safeway, Amazon and many more. Check out our story here: www.Foodstirs.com and Entrepreneur Magazine Cover Article.