Happy Family Organics is looking for a Food Scientist to join our Research and Development team in Boise, Idaho. This position will coordinate all steps of product development, from concept to commercialization, for a new baby, toddler and kid products. S/He will apply food science and technology principles to new and existing products. Additionally, will be responsible for leading and executing challenging product development projects and providing expertise to bring new innovation to the market and grow the category.
- Lead and execute new food product development for dry shelf stable products
- Design and complete all R&D technical tasks including but not limited to: shelf-life studies, sensory analysis, and product testing
- Proactively identify new innovation opportunities and research on new functional ingredients that can be used in the product
- Ability to conduct a literature review to seek technical solutions and build the technical knowledge base
- Drive innovative ideas and assess technical feasibility for new products
- Plan and lead all product trials (pilot plant and industrial) at the co-manufacturing facility
- Drive accountability by identifying the critical path, key milestones and risks related to all product development project tasks
- Maintain a thorough understanding of US Food Labeling and National Organic Program Regulations and ensure product compliance with FDA and USDA requirements
- Lead cross-functional meetings with key stakeholders to align on risks, opportunities, and technical recommendations
- Closely collaborate and support Project Manager to effectively execute product development milestones
- Leverage relationships with Marketing, Quality, Operations, and Regulatory teams to ensure the development of innovative, high-quality products and maintain current speed to market
- Continuously develop and grow a professional network to identify innovative products, technologies, services, and market opportunities
- Support R&D director with project portfolio management and department organizational tasks
- Continuously seek ways to improve product quality and integrity to better serve the consumer
- S/ M.S: Food Science or related fields
- Industry experience (4+ years New product development / Food Technology/ Food Processing experience)
- Understanding of project management fundamentals
- Prior experience in dry food technologies (extrusion, drum drying, baking, freeze-drying)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to successfully build and leverage internal and external relationships
- Effectively navigate complex situations while influencing key stakeholders
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Open-minded, self-directed, creative, growth-mindset and team player
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite
- Up to 30% travel including flying in the US as well as internationally
- Driver’s license required
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Food Scientist via Jobganic” in the subject line.
Any submissions without both a resume and cover letter will not be considered. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Happy Family Organics has been on a mission to change the trajectory of children’s health through nutrition since the company launched on Mother’s Day in 2006. As the largest and fastest growing organic baby food brand in the country, we are constantly innovating to provide families with the best possible products, solutions, and resources for their evolving needs. From day one, we provide organic nutrition and support for your baby’s feeding journey, whether that’s breast or formula feeding all the way through starting solids and picky eating. We thoughtfully craft organic meals and snacks with curated ingredients that are appropriate for each baby, toddler, and kid’s age and stage to help support a lifetime of wellness.
As champions of organic, every product in our line is certified USDA organic, which means our food has no artificial hormones, toxic persistent pesticides or GMOs – just healthy ingredients from earth-friendly organic farms. We know that only a healthy planet can grow healthy food, and are committed to cultivating a sustainable world for little ones today and for future generations. From our WIC-authorized Clearly Crafted Jars to our free online live chat with lactation specialists and registered dietitians, we put babies and parents first, with support for every family. Happy Family Organics is a Certified B Corp™. To learn more, please visit: https://bcorporation.net/directory/happy-family-brands.
Happy Family Organics is owned by Danone, a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. For more information about Danone and Happy Family Organics, its people and its business, please visit danone.com. Danone – Happy Family, is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
About Happy Family Organics
Launched on Mother’s Day 2006, and founded and operated by moms, Happy Family is a leading premium organic food brand delivering optimal nutrition for the entire family.
Happy Family is committed to making baby and toddler food as healthy and delicious as homemade with the essential nutrients needed for optimal growth and development. We are socially responsible in all that we do and use our collective talent to create the best possible products, grow our business, and give back to those in need.
Happy Family a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in NYC.