At MegaFood, our mission is to Grow a Healthier World.
Together with our trusted farm partners, we are a force for good. From creating premium products with radical transparency to committing to organic and regenerative agriculture, we are nourishing our world from the roots by filling nutritional gaps and revolutionizing a broken farming system.
As a B Corporation, we’re also cultivating a community of transparent suppliers, working to enable a thriving workforce, and supporting businesses, communities, and programs that share these same goals and values. All for a healthier, more sustainable, and more resilient future.
That’s Nutrition with Ambition™. Are you ready to join us?
This role will lead the partnership and account development responsibilities for strategic accounts in the Natural and Specialty channel. This role will lead the development of our strategic customer partnerships in order to drive sales volume, trade efficiency, and brand share. You will work cross-functionally with the MegaFood team and utilize sales analytics to identify insights, develop recommendations and drive to implementation.
Essential Function and Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed assigned goals and objectives
- MegaFood’s primary contact and manager of strategically important customers
- Secure customer acknowledgment of MegaFood as their Category Advisor
- Understand and align customer business plans to MegaFood’s objectives, strategies, and tactics
- Develop account plans that incorporate distribution, display, pricing, and promotion objectives
- Secure new item placement
- Ensure customer efficiency and post-event analysis
- Keep up to date on customer and marketplace industry trends cascading information up when changes need to be made.
- Manage team’s direct and indirect personnel responsibilities:
- Monitor progress on personal development plans for direct reports
- Provide direction, and priorities on exceeding goals
- Align with MegaFood’s mission and values to grow a healthier world
- Lead sales initiatives for strategic accounts,
- Work cross-functionally internally and externally to secure alignment on customer business plans
- Expand and build on customer partnerships and network
- Provide insight and growth strategies for strategic accounts
- Utilize data to identify insights and incorporate them into action plans
- Understand customer inventories and lead forecasting and inventory management processes
- Document reasoning and potential impact on their team
- Presence in NH office as needed
- Achieve assigned strategic account objectives
- Manage your direct and indirect team responsibilities to achieve goals
- Establish strong, long-term client relationships
- Communicate with key stakeholders on a regular basis and respond to specific queries
- Drive partnerships with Brand and Operations cross-functional partners in an effort to elevate opportunities with these critical customers, act as a liaison between customers and internal teams
- Handle complaints and problems in a timely and effective manner
- Identify and approach new potential strategic opportunities
- Monitor sales performance metrics
- Manage customer forecasts and inventories and provide to the organization as required
- Secure and lead face-to-face meetings with customers on a monthly, quarterly, or as-needed basis
- Run point on the Team training initiatives
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Must be passionate about playing a role in improving lives through health.
- A successful candidate will be self-motivated and communicate effectively, both internally and externally
- Demonstrable experience leading cross-functional teams, both internal and external
- Must be able to build and execute business plans while building relationships and operating within set budgetary parameters.
- Strong analytical and forecasting skills with demonstratable historical success
- 5+ years experience of managing key accounts in the Natural or Specialty Channel prefered
- CPG experience a plus
- 30-50% Travel for meeting with Accounts and presence in NH
What We Offer You
We aspire to nurture a culture of inclusion that enables and encourages all of our employees to thrive.
Here are a few ways we do that:
- Eligibility for our benefits on your first day of employment
- Paid time off to pursue your passion through our volunteer program
- Annual wellness reimbursement, fitness challenges, and lots more to keep you healthy!
- Generous time off programs including vacation and personal time and paid parental leave
- Opportunity to work with passionate people, who care about our mission and each other!
At MegaFood, we believe all employees are here to lead. Our Leadership Capabilities reflect what we value most in our leaders and highlight what we can expect from each other.
Lead with a Growth Mindset
We continuously improve and innovate. We are proactive, agile and flexible. We drive results.
Act like an Owner
We are accountable, invested in our mission, and pursue results with passion and tenacity.
Collaborate to win as a team
We are curious and value diverse perspectives. We seek to understand first, and communicate with candor and respect.
Develop ourselves and others (people leaders)
We coach and inspire our teams to extraordinary performance. We celebrate individual and team accomplishments, learn from our failures and seek to continuously improve.
MegaFood is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging. The collective sum of our individual differences, knowledge, life experiences, and unique talents, represents a significant part of our culture and is the foundation for our accomplishments and impact.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. We strive to create a supportive community where we all are comfortable and confident to be authentic, open and curious.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of disability for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-216-0889 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
MegaFood is a pioneer in the natural products industry, being the first company to make vitamins from scratch, with farm fresh whole foods. For 40+ years, we have been making wholesome nutritional supplements that deliver the promise of farm fresh foods. All of us at MegaFood are committed to producing the most authentic nourishment possible, and are dedicated to improving the lives of others with the products we make.