**This role is hybrid out of our Carlsbad, CA Headquarters and requires a few days in the office each week.
prAna – An Active wellness brand
We know from experience that the effects of an active life spent outdoors are profound and can be both the springboard and the foundation for a greater and lasting sense of well-being.
We believe to be well; you must get outside. We believe in Nature’s power to better Humanity and in humanity’s responsibility to do better by nature.
Whether it’s going for a hike at sunrise or taking a walk at sunset, practicing yoga at the beach, or building a campfire after a day of surfing. Looking out from a rock you’ve just climbed, or just looking up whenever you’re outside. We believe the most important step you take on your journey to well-being is the one that takes you beyond your doorstep.
We’ve used these moments to design our products and packaging, incorporating innovative and sustainable practices in everything we do, to lessen our impact on the planet.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to be a part of a leadership team that will influence the future of prAna. As Director, Strategic Accounts & Sales Business Development, you will be integral in taking prAna to its next level of growth. You will help build a culture that is consumer obsessed.
In this role you will identify and target new accounts and channels and build relationships that will help lead to prAna’s success in North America, by championing the evolution and implementation of a distribution roadmap. Additionally, you will be responsible for leading a team who oversees strategic accounts. Reporting to and collaborating with the Vice President of Sales, and serving as a member of the Leadership Team, this leader will work to create strategies for brand growth with new accounts and growth for existing accounts and channels.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
As Director, Strategic Accounts & Sales Business Development you spearhead the responsibility of the creation and development of new business, including:
- Creating a culture of coaching to create an empowered sales team to ensure success in business and goal achievement.
- Prospect, onboard, and develop new high-potential channels and accounts for sales and market share growth.
- Increase sales of existing key accounts through greater alignment of product category strategies and marketing programs.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company sales leadership and cross-functional partners.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners to establish successful support, channel, and partner programs to build enhanced go-to-market strategy and sales plans to build brand awareness and drive sell-thru.
- Lead the C2C process for wholesale.
- Develop and manage relationships with personnel in all relevant cross-functional departments and functions for select strategic accounts.
- Leadership and management of internal channel sales managers(s).
- Someone who understands the wholesale landscape and possess strong business acumen and established relationships with national accounts.
- An energetic brand champion with a passion for sales and developing strategic partnerships.
- A strategic thinker who can also manage details.
- Someone with an established track record as a proven sales professional with complex, high-volume, multi-channel retailers.
- Compatible with a role that blends autonomy with consistent collaboration with cross-functional company leaders in Marketing, Merchandising, Operations, Planning, and Finance as well as Senior Management.
- Well-versed in persuasion, influencing, and negotiation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience. 10 + years of sales experience and business development experience + a proven track record of successful leadership and business acumen experience, apparel industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of applicable sales channels, such as eCommerce, Catalog, Sporting Goods, Outdoor, Specialty Chain, Gyms, Yoga Studio, Hospitality, and Department Store.
- Abilities in building and delivering product and brand strategy presentations to large and small groups.
- Experience managing and obtaining new business.
- Experience with Full Circle, EDI, and CRM platform beneficial.
- A knack for visionary thinking and demonstrated expert knowledge for solving complex, organization-wide, or externally facing issues.
To learn more about our hiring process during COVID-19, click here.
Base Salary Range: $173,900-$304,400 Annual
*Pay decisions are determined by multiple factors, including what the market is paying, a candidate’s capabilities and skills, years of experience, and internal equity.
We create versatile, stylish, and sustainable clothing and accessories that you can wear during every activity, every adventure, every day. How do we know? Because we base our designs on our own experiences. You see we’re more than makers, we’re doers—yogis, climbers, and world travelers—and we use our knowledge to make adventurous, free-spirited clothes that look good and play hard.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.
At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
From the first days designing clothing in a garage, prAna’s initial vision to connect yoga and climbing to mindful living has captivated thousands. It’s ensured that prAna clothing and gear are made with intention - that every detail from trim and linings to hangtags is carefully designed to enhance our lives today while still considering the needs of tomorrow. Since 1992, this vision has been at the root of prAna’s relationships with customers and retailers. And, it has helped the company to foster a community of active, free spirited customers that share its values.
Today, the brand has evolved beyond our rock climbing and yoga roots to include lifestyle and performance clothing. The clothing is designed at prAna with style and versatility in mind. prAna is deeply committed to mitigating the impact they have on the environment in manufacturing and selling its clothing and that all products are made in safe and fair working conditions.