As a key business partner to the CEO, the Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for providing critical leadership in the financial stewardship and strategy for profitable growth for RISE. The CFO will work with the leadership team to provide input into the overall management and operations of the company and will direct all aspects of the Finance, Accounting, and Technology functions.
This is a highly visible role that includes frequent interaction with the investor partners, Board of Directors, and other key internal and external stakeholders. This role will drive change management efforts through process, systems and reporting improvement to provide increased visibility into financial results, enable enhancements to productivity and to inform key decisions on RISE’s operations, business model and strategic growth plans.
Organizational Leadership & Strategy
Partner with the CEO and senior leadership team to set long range financial plan and annual financial goals.Continuously assess and communicate organizational performance against budget and strategic objectives to meet short- and long-term growth goals.Engage on issues, trends, data and changes in the business and competitive environment to provide strategic and operational guidance to the CEO and leadership team.Partner with the CEO to identify strategically aligned investment and acquisition opportunities and oversee the related due diligence and integration activities.Partner with the CEO to craft messaging and regular presentations to the BOD and investor partners.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Act as a thought-partner for department leaders to inform financial decisions with intuition and awareness of competitive and creative influences that drive the company.Provide projections, analysis, and guidance for consideration when analyzing business initiatives and opportunities, making course corrections or other important decisions that have significant financial implications.Facilitate discussions and advise on decisions around capital budgeting (IT, Facilities, Manufacturing and other areas) to develop capital expenditure budget.
Accounting, Reporting, Compliance and Risk Management
Together with the Controller:
Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting. Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.Provide oversight and reporting of accurate financial results to ensure timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts.Provide advisement and guidance on rolling forecasts, treasury processes, budget adherence, internal controls, GAAP standards, inventory management controls, labor management, tax strategy, risk management practices and compliant reporting to local, state, and federal authorities.
Recruit, retain and develop a team that delivers performance excellence while fostering a collaborative and authentic team environment aligned with RISE’s culture.Demonstrate cross-functional collaboration and a spirit of service to business partners at all levels within the organization.Build and maintain relationships with external partners such as investor groups, board of directors and any other business relationships.Infuse the company with a strong financial acumen perspective.
• Bachelors degree plus 12 years of FP&A experience in progressive growth-oriented companies.
• Advanced degree in finance, accounting, or business preferred.
• CPG experience, beverage preferred.
• M&A experience strongly preferred.
• Creative thinking to analyze, evaluate and draw the appropriate conclusions from multiple business and data relationships andinteractions.
• Strong technical skills and analytical ability.
• Aptitude to conceptualize and provide advice on complex financial models.
• Ability to influence a wide variety of stakeholders through clear and compelling communication.
• Quick thinking and execution to support ad hoc information requests and analyses, in an environment of short lead times and the need for fast turnaround.
• Ability to deliver board-level financial presentations that accurately summarize business for parent company, owner group or other partners.
• Values-driven leadership style to guide and develop a team in alignment with the company’s culture and business goals.
If interested in the role, please submit your resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About RISE Brewing Co.
WE PROVIDE ENERGY
FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO GOOD THINGS.
We created RISE because we were tired of the coffee products were loaded with sugar, calories, harmful chemicals and words we couldn’t spell. Our mission is to create the best tasting organic products on the planet and to make them available for all to share.