The HR Manager is responsible for partnering with leaders and employees in Manufacturing and Supply Chain functions to drive business strategy and achieve breakthrough results. S/he serves as a consultant to management on HR related issues and proactively assess and anticipates people related needs, with a strong emphasis on Safety, Quality, and Resource Deployment, and Continuous Improvement. The HR Manager formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect Stonyfield’s business objectives and support our Mission and Values.
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety and quality, as applicable and defined in plant and department procedures.
- Works closely with the Manufacturing & Supply Chain management teams to understand business issues and opportunities and assist them in developing HR initiatives as a strategic and tactical response to those needs.
- Partners with management to improve organizational effectiveness by optimizing resource utilization and employee morale and effectiveness.
- Partners with management to implement tools and processes designed to improve the organization’s overall effectiveness, change management initiatives, performance management processes and succession planning.
- Partners with the Talent Manager to ensure the organization has the right people, in the right roles doing the right thing at all times.
- Partners with the Learning Manager to enhance employee and management performance by identifying training and development needs, offering and evaluating appropriate training programs, and ensuring effective utilization of performance management feedback systems and processes.
- Manages and enhances a productive work environment by resolving conflicts between management and associates, coaching management on effective management and coaching techniques and maintaining open communication with employees and managers.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducing effective, thorough and objective investigations, representing organization at hearings, and interpreting Company policy for managers and employees.
- Oversees the management and development of assigned HR staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Administration, Business, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters in an HR functional area or SPHR is preferred.
- 5+ years broad based HR generalist experience, including partnering with employees and leaders to drive business performance.
- Experience managing employee/labor relations in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with Stonyfield’s company values.
- Strong influence and facilitation skills
- Experience managing organizational change
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities with urgency within specified time constraints.
- Proven ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Flexibility to support a 24/7 operation.
Lactalis is an equal employment opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants with regard to any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical or mental disabilities.
About Stonyfield Organic
We aren’t just yogurt on a mission; we are people on a mission.
Stonyfield Organic®, siggi’s®, Brown Cow™ and Green Mountain® are brands of Lactalis US Yogurt. The Lactalis Group is the #1 dairy company in the world with over 85,000 employees in 94 countries. The company has not forgotten the mission of its founder and remains committed to offering high-quality and delicious dairy products that bring families together around the world. At Lactalis US, we use local milk at each of our production facilities to make the products you know and love. We approach our work with an entrepreneurial spirit and love of dairy akin to the spirit of our founder.
Our company is an authentic community that takes care of us, we take care of one another, and together we work for the health and well-being of others. Our community offers unique opportunities that you will not find anywhere else. We are looking for positive, productive people to join in making contributions to our growing team!