The Honest Company has kicked off a search for a Senior Director, Creative Operations. In this role, you will lead the ongoing production of all Honest baby and beauty marketing and promotional campaigns to drive business growth. As a Sr. Director, Creative Operations you’ll partner with cross functional stakeholders to develop and execute conceptual work that meets the needs of our consumer. If you are a true thought leader and creative guru that thrives in a fast-paced environment, this role is for you.
- Lead the entire creative team as an agency model (content/copy, art direction, digital design, graphics & packaging, art production, photography and creative PMing); manage workflow, resource allocation, vendors and creative output
- Ensure R&Rs are clear and that the creative team is growing in capabilities, capacity and from a cultural perspective
- Be the owner for budget allocation and asset delivery and provide visibility into ROI against the assets created
- Lead with a sense of urgency, is highly adaptable, organized and process-driven to ensure the efficient running of our internal creative department and external partners
- Provide a clear structure for the Creative Dept and set process to enable the most effective and efficient way of working and highest quality of ideation and content deliverables
- Provide a strong strategic lens and ability to support the team in shaping creative processes and optimum workflow, both inside the dept, and cross-functionally
- Lead the end-to-end planning, execution, and budgeting of key initiatives to deliver success, owning and solving for the “how,” freeing up the creative team to focus on crafting the “what”
- Lead the planning of timelines and processes – driving and inputting into monthly calendar meetings, weekly creative-marketing meetings, project kickoffs, and creative briefs
- Oversee the overhaul of the creative briefing process
- Manage the daily workflow of the internal creative team, providing feedback and prioritization of task list and deliverables
- Manage all external agency partners on campaign project basis
- Act as project leader for management and delivery of all creative content
- Partner with Creative Directors and Chief Creative Officer and teams to identify efficiencies and ways to optimize process and deliverables
- Remain current on trends and innovations in creative process and organization
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in creative operations and/or project management at an agency or client-side direct-to-consumer marketing team. Proven success leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience building effective creative plans and processes that support business goals
- This position requires a proactive leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and passion for creative and process building
- Superior project management skills are a must for the timely delivery of assets to a high brand standard
- The ability to self-prioritize is critical to achieve deadlines, while maintaining an exceptional attention to detail
- Superior communication skills and confidence in managing varying levels of stakeholders is essential
- Budget management experience, with ability to negotiate as needed
- You are creative and innovative in your approach and mindset.
- You are organized and detail oriented.
- You adapt well to changing needs and priorities and are able to pivot easily to achieve goals and deadlines.
- Experience working at innovative, fast-paced startups or indie brands is a plus–
Benefits & Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health and wellness coverage, 401k with company match, wellness incentives including a monthly fitness reimbursement and onsite fitness classes, options for education reimbursement, and a discount on all products. We value work-life balance and offer a generous and flexible vacation policy. Thinking about adding little ones to your family? Honest offers generous maternity and paternity leave. We love the furry kids too and offer pet insurance so your companions are well taken care of.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Californian Job Applicants and Prospective Talent
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), The Honest Company, Inc. (“Honest” or “us” or “we”) is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together “job applicants” or “you”) about the categories of personal information we may collect about you and the purposes for which we use this information. Click here if you are a California resident to read disclosures required by the CCPA. Note this notice applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect. We may collect the following categories of personal information about our job applicants, who are California residents:
- Social Security Number
- Email and mailing address
- Telephone number
- Employment history
How We Use Job Applicants’ Personal Data. We use and disclose the personal information we collect for our business purposes. These business purposes include, without limitation:
- Processing evaluating your application to determine your qualifications for the role to which you’ve applied, and communicating with you about your application, including to check references or your background, and communicate with you about other jobs that may interest you.
- Other business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Performing services for us, such as analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement; and
- Internal operations.
About The Honest Company
Founded in 2012, The Honest Company® is a mission-driven consumer products company dedicated to empowering people to live happy, healthy lives. Consumers seeking thoughtfully formulated, safe and effective baby, personal care and beauty products, along with education and support can find The Honest Company products across North America via honest.com and honestbeauty.com and at more than 17,000 retail locations. Beginning in spring 2019, consumers in Europe can find Honest Beauty at select Douglas retail locations. A leader in the natural baby category and a trailblazer in clean beauty, The Honest Company is committed to ensuring all families have access to basic necessities and the latest health information for safe growth and development — a commitment reflected in its ongoing partnerships with organizations such as Baby2Baby and Mount Sinai. The Honest Company is privately held and headquartered in Los Angeles, California.