The Head of Business Operations will thrive in our fast-paced, start-up business environment. Reporting to the CEO the Head of Business Operations will serve as a vital partner to the leadership team and will generally administer Verb’s day-to-day operations. This role effectively tracks, communicates, and reports on the status of key activities and organizational performance to the leadership team and functional leaders within the organization. The ideal candidate is a super-connector of people and a “jack or jill of all trades.” Promoting the vision and mission of the company to maintain the morale of staff and the performance of the workforce.
- Work closely with C-Suite to develop a deep understanding of the company’s strategic objectives and drive company operational excellence to meet and achieve our goals
- Make certain the CEO and leadership team is made aware of issues that need immediate attention, bringing an increased level of rigor and follow-through to the day-to-day running of the business
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop key performance indicators and provide feedback to the operating teams
- Drive, support, and measure strategic operational programs of the company
- Assessing and improving business processes in terms of productivity and efficiency as we continue to grow
- The position requires managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, collaborating and communicating with various stakeholders effectively, and having strong problem-solving skills
- Create, plan, and run events – internal and external
- Assist the Executive team with the preparation of Board materials including dashboard reports, product roadmap tracking, and reporting key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Act as a point of contact for internal and external vendors, and service providers and work to ensure operational excellence
- Tracking, and reporting follow-through on operational initiatives from ideation to implementation
- Proactively provide strategic insights and recommendations for operational improvement
Qualifications / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required, advanced degree and/or other relevant certifications desirable
- Minimum of 2 years of proven success in relevant roles
- Self-starter with a proven commitment to excellence; results-orientation
- Comfortable working in fast-paced, combined local and remote teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective and discreet information management
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, DocuSign, SmartSheets, etc.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate
- Creative mindset, curious, and have a passion for learning
- Willingness to work hard and take direction, but also creatively solve problems for which the answers aren’t always obvious
- Strong personal code of ethics, integrity, and trust
- Results and action-oriented
- Appetite for big thinking with a great ability around simplification
Verb Biotics Core Values
- We make products that work and improve lives
- We collaborate to make smart, resourceful decisions and get stuff done
- We are fun… a bit geeky… and always respectful
It is the policy of Verb Biotics to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.
Salary $80 – 120k
You must sign in to apply for this position.
About Verb Biotics
Verb Biotics is a new company built on Ginkgo Bioworks’ biotechnology platform to improve overall human health through probiotics (“biotic”) technology that provides consumers with an “I feel the effect” experience. Our products target specific health indications and we intentionally design & engineer “biotic” solutions that have a clear “mechanism-of-action”.