Quality and leadership have always been your two most important tenets. In fact, you’ve been striving for them since infancy. It all started with the time you eschewed the holiday’s hottest toy and asked Santa for sheets with a high thread count; all because your current set of bunnies and bears just didn’t meet your standards. You insisted on a quality product that was made right from the start and was handled with care. And leadership. Whew! You had a knack for leading on your first day of second grade, which, coincidentally was the day you gave the crossing guard tips on how to manage the flow of pedestrians with more confidence and authority. And that was just the start. Ever since those days you’ve continued to study leadership and best-in-class techniques and you apply them to every facet of your life, including tricky conversations with your internet cable company.
That’s the kind of Director of Logistics we’re looking for at Vital Farms because, you see, we’re on a mission to change the food industry one ethically-sourced ingredient at a time. While we’re known for our pasture raised eggs – giving our hens 108 square feet to roam and calling bullsh*t on terms like cage free and free range – the truth is we’ve got big plans to do so much more. That’s because we give a cluck when it comes to the health of our animals, the health of our customers, and the health of our planet.
If that sounds like something you care about, too, let’s talk about how you can help us grow and make the world a better place as the Director of Logistics at Vital Farms.
What You’ll Do
- Help us in building a Best-in-Class Supply Chain by implementing industry best practices for logistics and distribution
- Oversee the transportation operations of egg pickups and deliveries from Farms to Cold Storage
- Overall responsibility for the receiving, storage and shipping of finished goods across the entire network
- Manage the operational relationships with our Third Party Logistics (3PL) providers – both transportation and distribution/warehousing
- Conduct short and long-range planning to ensure adequate capacity is in place for our rapid growth
- Partner with Inventory Control to ensure accurate inventory reporting at the distribution facilities.
- Develop and own the budget related to distribution costs. Identify and implement cost savings solutions.
- Collaborate with Operations, IT and the rest of the Supply Chain team to implement process improvements
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study
- 10+ years of experience in logistics, transportation, or warehousing; preferably in the CPG/Food & Beverage industry
- Previous experience working with 3PL’s
- Solid understanding of the Transportation market and regulations
- Strong people leader experience
- Excellent communication skills
- A high sense of urgency
- Problem-solving skills; process-minded
- Tech savvy; ability to analyze data
- Experience with ERP and Supply Chain Execution systems (e.g. TMS, WMS)
- You’re no hero – You know the power of teamwork and celebrate the work of others before your own.
- You give a sh*t – You believe in acting like an owner and making Vital Farms a place to be proud of.
- You raise the standards – You know growth can be hard, but you strive to improve yourself and others each day.
- You can walk in someone else’s boots – You seek to understand other’s viewpoints and think that you get to better answers by sitting on the same side of the table.
- You don’t walk on eggshells – You’re not afraid to leave the bullsh*t behind and have honest conversations.
What We Bring to the Table
- A fast-paced, energetic, remote environment with passionate people who are leading a movement to bring ethically produced food to the table.
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Paid Parental Leave, just to name a few).
- Company-wide bonus program; when we succeed together, we celebrate together.
- Generous retirement contributions: 401(k) + 3% Contribution from Day 1.
- Free eggs, butter, and ghee, along with friends and family discounts.
- Fun team SWAG that will make you the talk of the town.
- Professional development opportunities and an amazing team dedicated to your growth.
About Vital Farms
Vital Farms is a Certified B Corp that sources and markets delicious, high-quality, ethically-sourced egg and dairy products nationwide. We started on a single family-farm in Austin, TX in 2007, with 20 Rhode Island hens and a drive to raise the standards in sustainable agriculture. Today, Vital Farms is THE leading producer of pasture raised eggs, partnering with more than 250 family farms, and selling into over 18,000 grocery stores around the country. We believe that a healthy bottom line is the result of healthy business practices, and we care deeply about supporting all our stakeholders. This includes our crew, our consumers, our retailers, and of course our happy hens and contented cows. In short, we exist to improve the lives of people, animals, and our planet through food.