Finding the right place to grow your career isn’t (over) easy, so we’re here to help by sharing a few reasons why the grass is greener at Vital Farms. We think you’ll appreciate our focus on Conscious Capitalism, which drives business decisions that benefit all our stakeholders (leading to even better business results). You might be drawn to our innovative approach and refusal to settle for the “way things have always been done.” Or you could find it exciting to grow your skills while working for an industry-leading brand. Whether you’re into our values, our brand, or our egg-cellent puns, we hope you’ll join our Crew and help us change the world 108 square feet at a time!
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, this individual will grow our Natural presence in a critical region for Vital Farms – the northwestern U.S. It features unique retailers, diverse needs, and personalities, as well as strong competition. This is a hybrid role which requires a 50/50 split of time in the field visiting stores and managing calls at the headquarter level. Our ideal candidate for the role is extroverted, competitive, and resourceful, as well as able to utilize syndicated data to help gain new distribution. This role will work independently and collaboratively with supply chain, trade management and the Distributor Manager to help Vital Farms succeed at regional accounts
What You’ll Do:
- Visit regional independent retailers to build relationships, earn trust, and provide customer-first solutions
- Manage headquarter sales calls for key northwestern region existing/potential customers and distributors
- Build and maintain rapport with key distributors and customers; identify new customer opportunities
- Build a strategic and collaborative annual trade promotion calendar for key customers and execute distributor promotions for independent accounts
- Create meaningful presentations for category reviews using category, brand, and item insights to capitalize on opportunities
- Develop, manage, and support a broker partner network, including setting standards, ensure execution, and conduct regular business reviews
- Accurate and timely forecasts for expected demand, trade plan, and promotional trade spend
- Partner with marketing on impactful shopper programs at strategic accounts
- Manage category reviews across dairy and other categories to maximize and advance Vital Farms innovation and existing items in retail accounts
- Perform retail level store checks in all markets as needed to ensure execution of initiatives and uncover opportunities
- Attend trade shows to represent the brand and develop sales opportunities
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships at key customers at the category manager level and engage in appropriate top to top interactions
- Management of Vital Farms entire portfolio of ethically produced products
What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) preferred
- Must be located in the Northwest region, Oregon or Washington
- Must have demonstrated experience calling on Natural accounts throughout the northwestern U.S. Preference given to candidates with experience working with the following accounts:
- Town and Country
- Metropolitan Market
- Mollie Stone’s
- At least three years of grocery sales and account management experience in the food industry; Dairy or Refrigerated experience preferred
- Previous Account Manager or Field Sales experience, with familiarity of planning trade and promotions
- Established relationships and demonstrated success working with key retailer accounts, and distributor relationships, including UNFI and KeHE
- Working knowledge and keen understanding of SPINS, IRI, Nielsen and other syndicated data platforms
- Broker management experience
- Proven ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Highly adaptable & resourceful.
- Proven sales track record in a new product/new market environment
- Proficient in Trade Analytics (selling price, margins, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Ability to travel as needed for customer appointments, trade shows, etc. (anticipate 50% travel)
- Excellent skills in the following areas: listening, presentation, negotiation, analysis, customer service, selling, communication, organization
- You’re no hero – You know the power of teamwork and celebrate the work of others before your own.
- You give a sh*t – You believe in acting like an owner and making Vital Farms a place to be proud of.
- You raise the standards – You know growth can be hard, but you strive to improve yourself and others each day.
- You can walk in someone else’s boots – You seek to understand other’s viewpoints and think that you get to better answers by sitting on the same side of the table.
- You don’t walk on eggshells – You’re not afraid to leave the bullsh*t behind and have honest conversations.
What’s in it for You:
- Be part of a movement to bring ethically produced food to the table
- Work in a Mission-focused environment alongside passionate colleagues
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Companywide bonus program
- Generous retirement contributions
- Free eggs, butter, and ghee, along with friends and family discounts
- Fun team SWAG
- Learning and Development team dedicated to your growth
About Vital Farms
Vital Farms is a Certified B Corp that sources and markets delicious, high-quality, ethically-sourced egg and dairy products nationwide. We started on a single family-farm in Austin, TX in 2007, with 20 Rhode Island hens and a drive to raise the standards in sustainable agriculture. Today, Vital Farms is THE leading producer of pasture raised eggs, partnering with more than 250 family farms, and selling into over 18,000 grocery stores around the country. We believe that a healthy bottom line is the result of healthy business practices, and we care deeply about supporting all our stakeholders. This includes our crew, our consumers, our retailers, and of course our happy hens and contented cows. In short, we exist to improve the lives of people, animals, and our planet through food.