Vital Farms, Finding the right place to grow your career isn’t (over) easy, so we’re here to help by sharing a few reasons why the grass is greener at Vital Farms. We think you’ll appreciate our focus on Conscious Capitalism, which drives business decisions that benefit all our stakeholders (leading to even better business results). You might be drawn to our innovative approach and refusal to settle for the “way things have always been done.” Or you could find it exciting to grow your skills while working for an industry-leading brand. Whether you’re into our values, our brand, or our egg-cellent puns, we hope you’ll join our Crew and help us change the world 108 square feet at a time!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Commercial Finance, this role will support Vital Farms’ mission of bringing ethically produced food to the table by supporting the Sales and Marketing functions to optimize investment, providing visibility and actionable insights that drive results, and facilitating cross-functional ownership of the annual operating plan and monthly forecasts. Critical to the role will be working with key stakeholders to astutely turn the various sources of internal & external inputs along with strong analytics into actionable insights.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the development of the company’s annual operation plan, forecasts, and period end variance analysis for the sales and marketing functions
- Partner with the Marketing and Sales teams to provide actionable insights and analysis based on current and future business needs, including highest ROI of next dollar spent
- Main point of contact and subject matter expert within Finance to support the Butter business
- Own, develop, and implement all internal sales reporting and related KPIs by leveraging data visualization (PowerBI)
- Distil complex financial data into impactful commercial insights
- Summarize financial projections into easily understood formats that give decision makers a clear understanding of impact on the business
- Prepare relevant and valuable ad hoc analysis to support business decisions.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s in accounting, finance, or relevant field
- 3-5+ years of commercial and/or brand finance experience
- Consumer-packaged goods experience is required
- MBA and/or CPA is a plus .
- Display excellent computer skills in MS Office programs of Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Experience in Power BI or similar data visualization platform
- Empathy – Understand stakeholder perspectives through cross-collaboration
- Proactive – Address situations before the business moment passes
- Innovative – Strive for better and continuous evolution
- Curiosity – Ask questions and seek out the answers
- Credibility – Earned and protected reputation of trust and data integrity, with relevant, high-quality deliverables produced through ‘zero-defect’ processes
- You’re no hero – You know the power of teamwork and celebrate the work of others before your own.
- You give a sh*t – You believe in acting like an owner and making Vital Farms a place to be proud of
- You raise the standards – You know growth can be hard, but you strive to improve yourself and others each day
- You can walk in someone else’s boots – You seek to understand other’s viewpoints and think that you get to better answers by sitting on the same side of the table
- You don’t walk on eggshells – You’re not afraid to leave the bullsh*t behind and have honest conversations
What We Bring to the Table:
- Be part of a movement to bring ethically produced food to the table
- Work in a mission-focused environment alongside passionate colleagues
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Company-wide bonus program
- Generous retirement contributions
- Free eggs, butter, and ghee, along with friends and family discounts
- Fun team SWAG
- Learning and Development team dedicated to your growth
About Vital Farms
Vital Farms is a Certified B Corp that sources and markets delicious, high-quality, ethically-sourced egg and dairy products nationwide. We started on a single family-farm in Austin, TX in 2007, with 20 Rhode Island hens and a drive to raise the standards in sustainable agriculture. Today, Vital Farms is THE leading producer of pasture raised eggs, partnering with more than 250 family farms, and selling into over 18,000 grocery stores around the country. We believe that a healthy bottom line is the result of healthy business practices, and we care deeply about supporting all our stakeholders. This includes our crew, our consumers, our retailers, and of course our happy hens and contented cows. In short, we exist to improve the lives of people, animals, and our planet through food.